Understanding Digital Signature Validation
Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro can validate signatures in documents singed digitally in the Docsvault software. Signature validation data can be viewed either by right-clicking on the signature and choosing ‘Show signature properties’, from the top “Signature Bar” or through the left “Signature Panel”.
- For signatures that have not been validated, the icon for ‘Validity Unknown’ is displayed at the top of the document window
- A signature that has been validated against a trusted certificate is indicated as:
- A document with multiple valid signatures will be displayed as:
- A valid certified document is indicated by:
- A document that has been modified since it was signed is displayed by: